Sunday 10 November 2013

Shape & Situate zine #5 - first glimpse!



I picked the batch of Shape & Situate: Posters Of Inspirational European Women #5 zines up from the printers the other day!! Exciting!

Another amazing set of posters were submitted for this issue (pics of some of the posters coming soon!) created by a wonderful set of very talented people who I'm grateful to for making this such a great issue with such important histories told within its pages.

For now (since the zine still needs a bit of finishing off before it'll be for sale), I thought I'd show some of the behind-the-scenes making of the cover of this issue...




Lino-cutting the front cover:




Lino-printing:



Zines riso-printed by Footprint:



Adding lino-printed finishing touches with purple ink:






A batch of zines waiting for the ink to dry: 






Only 150 -or so- left for me to print!!

I'm now in a pink-and-purple daze, and perhaps shouldn't have been printing on a cream carpet!

I'm not a lino printing expert by any means (this is my first attempt at lino-cutting, and the '5' I designed is perhaps a bit too intricate for my skill-base!), but I'm pretty pleased with how these have turned out; apologies in advance if anybody gets a smudged one!

The zine will be ready to launch at Queer Zine Fest London on December 1st, and will be on sale more generally after that (contributors, expect your copy as soon as the ink has dried on the full batch!)

More news and pics soon.


 
 


No comments: