Sunday 15 March 2009

entry point

from my inbox...


In celebration of International Zine Month for July 2009 I am creating a compilation zine about how YOU got into zines. The zine will be titled, "ENTRY POINT" aka "How did I get myself into this mess?" It's time to spill your guts about how Sassy Magazine, Riot Grrrl, the book Hard Love, etc turned you into the zinester you are today.

The format will be 1/2 sized. What I would like is for each zinester wanting to take part to submit their own ONE page of a 1/2 zine, already layed out. I think it will give an interesting look to have all of these zinesters from all around the world use their own style and layout techniques to talk about how they got into zines. If you want to be able to be contacted, or even promote your own projects, please list your contact information on your page.

I would prefer that these are mailed to me so i can paste them all ready to go in a mock up. Emailing is also an option, but remember the quality just won't be as good if i have to print it out.

Each person who has an entry and any zine distros interested will receive a "flat" from me. The idea is to give this zine away for FREE in the month of July. You can make your own copies to give out to as many people as possible.

If you wish to participate please submit your piece NO LATER than April 30, 2009. I will do the mock up in May and i will ensure everyone has their flat at the beginning of June so they can get their copies ready for International Zine Month in July.

Submit work to:

Nicole Introvert
P.O. Box 35501
Richmond, VA 23235
USA

Questions? nicole.introvert@gmail.com

Would you like to donate some cash to help with the cost of copies/shipping? Pay Pal any donations: nicole.introvert@gmail.com

IZM Blog: http://internationalzinemonth.wordpress.com/

No comments: